Thursday 23 January 2014

Knitting Notes ~ Art Nouveau Inspired Jumper

At last this weekend, the waiting was over - my blocked pieces were dry, I could sew together my Art Nouveau inspired Fair Isle style jumper and wear it.

I made this jumper from a combination of two patterns that I already had - the front and back were just rectangles and I used a sleeve pattern from a cardigan that I had already made and liked the sleeves.

The colourful pattern, I designed myself from an Art Nouveau book I have. I sketched a few motifs down and then transferred some ideas down onto knitting graph paper. I used this site where you can work out the graph size from your tension to make sure the design dimensions transfer from paper to knitting correctly.

Art Nouveau inspiration

I'm really pleased with how it's turned out. I love the soft colours. I had enough yarn left over to make a hat in a totally different design and I'm part way through a scarf, again in a different design. Oh, and below is a photo of me wearing the finished jumper!

Gillian Cross

Right, onto the next project!

Gillian x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Why don't you leave me a message to let me know you stopped by?

If you have any questions about purchasing any of the images or prints, please email me.

gillian@gilliancrossphotography.co.uk